OPC - Things to know in advance
OPC, an abbreviation for oligomeric proanthocyanidins, belongs to the relatively young genus of phytochemicals (bioflavonoids) with astonishing properties in the prevention and treatment of diseases and premature ageing.
Most of the time, people are initially very sceptical when they hear about a natural substance with a great spectrum of wonderful effects.
How can one and the same substance help with eye problems, reduce skin wrinkles, make joints painless again, prevent heart attacks and also counteract biological ageing?
Conventional medicine teaches us a very isolated view – we have a specialist ophthalmologist, a dermatologist and an orthopaedic surgeon for different ailments – a fatal mistake, because our body is a unified organism and should therefore be regarded holistically...!
But how can a single natural substance have a positive influence on all things? While the ignorant (qualified doctors often being among them) are puzzled or mockingly sneer about it, the explanation for this phenomenon, which is actually not a phenomenon at all, is still very simple:
the cause is very often one and the same for the development of many diseases and complaints: inflammation, oxidative stress or collagen degeneration, for example!
However, the symptoms only appear in different organs because each human being is an individual and therefore has their own weak points.
If the eyes, the skin, the joints and the heart are threatened by inflammation, oxidative stress or collagen degradation, then it is only understandable, if they, in turn, all benefit from the same natural substance, until the disappearance of any kind of discomfort – from a natural substance that reduces inflammation, breaks down oxidative stress and repairs collagens – this substance is OPC, an all-rounder that lives up to these requirements!
And since biological ageing is ostensibly caused by free radicals, inflammatory processes and collagen degeneration in the body, OPC also successfully takes this challenge onto its strong shoulders...
What is it?
OPC is a relatively 'young' bioflavonoid that is largely sabotaged by Big Pharma and medical profession due to its wide-ranging effect. That's why there are not nearly as many OPC studies as there are for other vitamins. But the studies available to us are enormously auspicious, suggesting unprecedented positive effects on our health; at the same time, they emphasise that OPC is completely safe, even at maximum doses!
Testimonials from therapists and people who already use OPC also suggest that it is an immense gift from nature. In addition to collagen and elastin synthesis and thus the construction and repair of human tissue, which probably no other known substance in the world can do as successfully as OPC (reminder: OPC is the only substance that binds directly to the body proteins to do its job), OPC manages to neutralise the free radicals threatening us with incredible power – with 20 times the effect of vitamin C and 50 times the effect of vitamin E. Furthermore, OPC works very successfully against inflammation in the organism.
These three very well-documented properties probably form the basis for the effects on various illnesses shown in the above table – similar to the effect of vitamin C, but more differentiated and sometimes even more efficient. In the chapter on vitamin C, you can see the amazing effect it has on free radicals in our apple experiment – this effect is actually increased twenty-fold by taking OPC!
Vitamin deficiency and the role of OPC
As already reported earlier in the book, the chronic lack of vital substances in the population is currently the biggest health problem.
Independent studies, such as those of the renowned Karlsruhe Food Laboratory (Sanatorium Oberthal), and the Swiss pharmaceutical company Geigy are a thorn in the side of the state advisory centres and are not passed on to doctors or the public. After all, it was exactly these studies that independently attested to a terrifying decline in the vital substances in our fruits and vegetables of up to 92 % over the last 30 years! The reasons for this are mentioned by the study leaders: leached soils, air pollution, long storage and excessively fast growth.
While the vitamin and nutrient content of our fruits and vegetables is decreasing from year to year (and in some cases is already close to zero), according to research, in industrialized countries only 10-20 % achieve the already extremely understated vitamin C recommendation of the World Health Organization (WHO) of 60-100 mg a day.
It should be the same for all other vitamins – and this is where OPC comes into play!:
OPC is able to prolong and multiply the effectiveness of vitamins. For example, research suggests that, in the presence of OPC, vitamins A, C, and E are active for ten times longer.
The effect of OPC
Before we talk in detail about the individual diseases that OPC can prevent and even cure, we will look at some important mechanisms that make OPC so unspeakably valuable:
· while vitamin C has a positive effect on 95 % of the total metabolism, OPC has the ability to multiply this effect by a FACTOR OF 10.
· OPC is considered to be one of the most potent antioxidants, 18-20 times as potent as vitamin C and 40-50 times as potent as vitamin E.
· unlike vitamin C, OPC (vitamin P) binds to protein, especially collagen and elastin. Since these organs mainly consist of elastin and collagen, OPC increases the efficiency of the repair processes on the skin, blood vessels, internal organs, bones, etc. many times over.
· For example, blood vessel resistance is doubled as early as 24 hours after the first administration of OPC; overall, it triples over time.
· For stroke patients and people at risk of stroke in particular, this cannot be overemphasised enough, as strokes (cerebral apoplexy) are caused by internal bleeding in the brain area.
· OPC is able to regenerate the skin, smoothen out old wrinkles and prevent new ones even more than vitamin C.
· OPC improves the fluidity of blood, prevents it from clumping and increases the elasticity of the vessels.
· In its capacity as a protector, OPC prevents the penetration of UV rays into the skin and acts like a sunscreen, which should be of interest for sunbed users.
· While vitamin C is considered to be the most powerful water-soluble antioxidant, OPC acts as both a water-soluble and fat-soluble antioxidant, protecting all cells in the human body.
· Just like vitamin C, OPC penetrates the brain barrier and also exerts its antioxidant effect on brain cells; it strengthens the blood vessels and keeps them elastic.
· OPC regulates histamine and histidine production, the two main triggers for various inflammations and allergies.
· By doing so, vitamin P prevents or alleviates all inflammatory and allergic reactions in the body.
It is extremely scandalous to consider that vitamin P (OPC), despite the fact it is as relevant as, or even more relevant than, vitamin C and despite over 50 years of high quality research by renowned professors around the world, all of which attribute amazing positive health benefits to OPC, it has received no official recognition and very few people have ever heard of it, let alone know its benefits!
But thanks to the internet, this information can no longer be suppressed; in addition, there are already some highly recommended, authoritative books on the market.
In the following chapter, you will find detailed information on OPC, the vitamin C co-vitamin which, according to many molecular biologists and vitamin experts, has already surpassed vitamin C and is considered worldwide to be one of the strongest known antioxidants.
You will learn:
· why you should know about OPC;
· the history of discovery and origin of OPC/vitamin P;
· what OPC/vitamin P is;
· the fruits in which OPC are to be found and in which quantities;
· how OPC is made;
· why OPC is considered the 'anti-ageing vitamin';
· how you can make OPC cosmetics yourself;
· whether and how OPC can extend your life;
· how the two co-vitamins vitamin C and OPC optimally strengthen and complement each other;
· which diseases vitamin P (OPC) can prevent and even cure;
· how to easily calculate your personal OPC needs;
· whether OPC has side effects, and if so, which ones;
· what to look for when taking OPC;
· what you should be aware of when buying vitamin P;
· where you can get the best OPC (vitamin P)
· and much more…
 Werner Goller: Was verschweigt die Schulmedizin? ('What Does Conventional Medicine Conceal?'), 2009, p. 10
 Anne Simons and Alexander Rucker: Gesund länger leben durch OPC ('Living Healthy Longer Through OPC'), 2005, p. 10